Looking for a life-changing summer job?
Being a counselor or a nurse at a residential summer camp is unlike any job you have had, or any job you will ever have. Being “on-duty ” 24/7, and a role model for campers aged 8 – 16 is the hardest job you will ever have.
- Can you put the needs of the campers and camp ahead of your needs? You will be responsible for the health and safety of the campers in your charge. You will be responsible to make sure they wake up on time, dress appropriately for the weather, eat properly, drink water, put on sunscreen, behave appropriately in a cabin setting, make great friends, attending the correct activities…. And so much more!
- Can you perform at your best and smile while you are both physically and emotionally exhausted? Oh, you will also be teaching a specialty, a variety of different electives, dressing up for the evening activity and of course making sure each camper is having fun and feels that you are there for them. And your name was pulled out of the hat and everyone in camp is throwing water balloons at you all day. Can you still keep up your positive energy at that point?
- Are you a “glass half full”, always looking for the positive kind of person?
- You will be working unimaginable hours and doing things that you will think are insane.
- This is a job where you will be asked to do crazy things at any moment. If you do not have a wild and crazy side do not waste your time applying.
- You will not make a lot of money working at Pali Adventures but you will leave with some of the best memories of your life.
If you think you have what it takes to join our staff please click the button below to start your application.
Please read each of the following carefully, and if you can accept each of the terms below, click on the AGREE button. Thanks!
I can truthfully attest to the following:
- I do not smoke.
- I agree to attend the entire 2-week Orientation training May 29th – June 11th, 2017.
- I agree to work the full summer season (June 12th - August 21st, 2017)
- I will be physically and psychologically capable of supervising a cabin of 10 or more children.
- I will be on time for any scheduled activities.
- I agree to participate with enthusiasm and dress up for special events.
- I agree to follow the Pali Adventures Dress Code which includes: wearing a clean Pali Adventures shirt, being clean-shaven, wearing close-toed shoes and looking clean and neat at all times.
- I agree to random drug testing.
- I agree to help set up and clean-up for any and all camp activities.
- I agree to perform any and all duties assigned by the Head Staff with a positive attitude.
- I agree to oversee a cabin group.
- Not only do I agree to arrive early to meeting places. I further agree that if I am late to a meeting, I submit to being put into the dunk tank.
- I agree to put the needs of campers and Pali Adventures ahead of my own.
- Any material misrepresentation or deliberate omission of a fact in my application may be justification for refusal of, or if employed, termination from employment.
- It is my understanding that Pali Adventures will make a thorough investigation of my entire work history and may verify all data given in my application for employment, related papers, or verbal interviews.
- I authorize such investigation and the giving and receiving of any information requested by Pali Adventures and I release from liability any person giving or receiving any such information.
- I understand that falsification of data so given or other derogatory information discovered as a result of this investigation may prevent my being hired, or if hired, may subject me to dismissal.
- I agree that this company may terminate my employment at any time without liability for wages or salary except such as may have been earned at the date of such termination.
- If requested by the management at any time, I agree to submit to search of my person, personal belongings and vehicle and I hereby waive all claims for damages on account of such examination.
- Although management makes every effort to accommodate individual preferences, business needs may at times make the following conditions mandatory: rotating work schedules. As many as two weeks of non-paid time off during the summer if enrollment in particular sessions are low.
- At Pali Adventures we all use camp names. I agree not to give any campers my real name, before, during and after the summer camp season.
- I understand and accept these as conditions of my continuing employment.
- Pali Adventures has my permission to obtain emergency medical treatment for me.
- Pali Adventures has my permission to use photographs and videos of me without additional compensation for use in brochures, websites, marketing, advertising or other promotions, without limitation, and at any time in the future.
- I understand that if I am employed, such employment is for no definite period of time and that Pali Adventures can change these employment conditions at any time.
- I further understand that this is an application for employment and that no employment contract is being offered.
Employment Application Part 1 of 3
Pali Adventures receives thousands of job applications each season, and we only hire the best. For the best chance of being considered for a position and proceeding to the interview round, please complete the application fully and thoughtfully.
E-mail is the main method of communication at Pali Adventures. It is essential we have your correct primary address.
Please note that Pali Adventures’ 2017 summer camp season runs from May 29th through August 21st. If you are unable to commit to the full season, please check the box.
Employment Application Part 2 of 3
What position are you applying for?
What activities can you teach?
Please list your expertise from 1 to 10, with 1 being no experience but a willing and eager participant and 10 being a grand master. Leave blank any activities that you are not familiar with or do not have any interest in.
Sports and Activities
Technology, Video and Photo
Dance, Stunts and Movement
Theatre Arts and Production
Is there any other special skill you would like to tell us about?
Describe your personal experience, qualifications or experience in your top three activities. Please label the activity.
What is your current certification level? Check one:
Do you have experience with any of the following? Check all that apply.
Employment Application Part 3 of 3
Do you have any limitations which may affect your ability to perform any of the summer camp duties that would arise during a very physically active summer at Pali Adventures? If yes, please describe.
Please provide us with your high school information.
Please provide us with your college information.
Work experience (Present or most recent employer)
Work experience (Previous)
Work experience (Previous)